Chop the onions. Peel and roughly chop the Cox apples. Chop the fresh parsley. Roughly chop the streaky bacon. Slice the celery. Quarter the charlotte potatoes.
- 1 Coat the chicken thighs in the flour. Fry in half the oil until browned on all sides then set aside.
- 2 Discard the oil and wipe the pan with kitchen paper.
- 3 Heat the remaining oil and fry the bacon for 2 minutes.
- 4 Add the onion, celery and apple and fry for 3 minutes, or until starting to soften, adding a little extra oil if necessary.
- 5 Pour in the cider and stock, then bring to the boil.
- 6 Return the chicken to the pan, together with the potatoes. Bring to the boil.
- 7 Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- 8 Sprinkle each portion with parsley to serve.
West Country chicken with apple, cider and bacon
- Average per serving
- Calories 525.0kCal