Finely chop the white onions. Finely chop the carrots. Finely chop the white mushrooms. Quarter the M&S Select Farms season's gold potatoes.
- 1 Heat a frying pan until smoking hot, add the mince, season and cook for 3-5 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate while you cook the veg.
- 2 Add a splash of olive oil to the pan before adding the onion and carrots. Reduce the heat to medium, season and cook for 5-8 minutes, until softened.
- 3 Add the mushrooms, turn up the heat and cook for another 2-3 minutes before adding the mince back to the pan.
- 4 Add the tomatoes and cook for. 5 minutes, until the mixture is thick. Add the Cook With M&S beef gravy and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, cook. the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes until tender. Preheat the grill to medium.
- 6 Drain the potatoes, allowing to steam dry in the colander for a couple of minutes then return to the pan. Season, add half the cheese and mash roughly. You want plenty of texture to get lots of crispy bits.
- 7 Transfer the mince mixture to an ovenproof dish and top with the crushed potatoes. Scatter over the remaining cheese and grill for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and the potatoes begin to crisp.
- 8 Serve with British garden peas.
Easily the best cottage pie ever. Cannot get enough of it. Even the kids destroy it