Discard the liver from the turkey necks and giblets. Chop the onions. Chop the carrots.
- 1 While your turkey is roasting melt 25g butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2 When it starts to foam, add the onions, carrots and turkey.
- 3 Cook for a few minutes, until the onions soften and the turkey starts to brown.
- 4 Pour in the stock, and add the herbs.
- 5 Simmer for about 1 hour, then strain.
- 6 Set the strained liquid aside, but keep it warm.
- 7 Discard of the vegetables; keep the turkey if you like
- 8 When your turkey is finished roasting stir any (skimmed) drippings from your turkey pan into the hot stock.
- 9 In a separate, large saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the rest of the butter.
- 10 Mix in the flour, and whisk until the flour-butter mixture starts to turn brown.
- 11 Pour the hot stock slowly into the flour/butter, whisking as you go, until it’s all smooth and combined.
- 12 Leave the mixture to simmer gently over low heat for a few minutes, stirring every so often. Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- 13 Serve warm.
- Average per serving
- Calories 300.0kCal