Remove any visible fat from the sirloin steak. Finely slice the baby shallots. Peel and finely slice the carrots. Deseed and slice the red peppers. Deseed and finely slice the cucumber into half moons. Shred the baby gem lettuces. Slice the mange tout. Chop the fresh coriander. Tear the fresh mint. Crush the roasted salted peanuts. Zest and juice the limes. Crush the garlic cloves. Chop the chillis.
For the Salad
For the Dressing
And the rest...
- 1 Brush the steaks on both sides with olive oil.
- 2 Heat a griddle pan until very hot and cook the steaks for 2-5 minutes each side, depending on how you like them cooked then remove to a plate and keep warm.
- 3 Put all the vegetables in a bowl and mix well.
- 4 Combine all the dressing ingredients and pour over the vegetables.
- 5 Add half the coriander, mint and nuts and toss together.
- 6 Thinly slice the steak.
- 7 Tip the salad onto a platter and top with the steak.
- 8 Sprinkle with the remaining herbs and nuts to serve.
Delicious! A light and refreshingly healthy steak salad supper.
Simple to put together and tastes delicious.
- Average per serving
- Calories 340.0kCal