Finely chop the onions. Grate the garlic cloves. Crush the fennel seeds. Cut the M&S Scottish salmon fillets into 1cm cubes. Pod the M&S Select Farms new-season peas.
- 1 Bring a pan of water to boil, then add a generous pinch of salt. Add the farfalle to the water and cook for 8-10 minutes, until al dente.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a large pan heat the olive oil then add onion, garlic, fennel seeds and chilli flakes. Cook for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
- 3 Turn up the heat, add the salmon, and cook for another minute or so, allowing the fish to caramelise a little.
- 4 Add the crème fraîche to the pan along with 5 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water. Add the peas to the sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- 5 Drain the pasta, reserving a little cooking liquid, and add to the sauce along with a pinch of salt and pepper and the lemon zest and juice. Toss everything together, adding a little more pasta water to get the consistency you like. Serve.
Cooked up with slightly more garlic and chilli and it was wonderful. Ok if you eat it right away or better if you chill it for lunch (the flavour has time to set in)
Very tasty recipe. Not much of a sauce, more of a “coating”, but this works very well. Tends to become a bit dry if left to eat the next day.
Have only cooked it the once (for two people only) but want to have another go, this time using larger quantities of the flavourings than the recipe suggests - chilli flakes, garlic and crushed fennel seeds. The dish had a lovely texture, just needed more bite. The recipe is too cautious. Also, two salmon fillets is about right for two people but not enough for four. (It doesn’t mention removing the skin from the fish but you need to do this first with a very sharp knife.)
Do you know how my calories there are in this ?... it’s delicious 👍☺️
Please put calories onto your recipes, it would be so helpful. I loved this but put extra crème fraiche in tho. Good cold the next day too.
Lovely recipe! Would perhaps swap the onions to shallots and we also added a rocket salad to serve with which worked well 😊