Hull and quarter all of the strawberries. Hull and quarter all of the strawberries.
For the Strawberry Purée
For the Pavlovas
And the rest...
- 1 Heat the oven to 140°C/275°F/gas 1 (120°C for fan ovens). Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment.
- 2 For the strawberry purée, put the strawberries and caster sugar in a small pan and heat gently until the sugar has melted. Increase the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until tender.
- 3 Rub the strawberries through a sieve and set the purée aside to cool.
- 4 Put the egg whites in a large, clean bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until stiff.
- 5 Whisk in the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time, then continue whisking for 3 minutes until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- 6 Gently fold half the strawberry purée through the meringue to give a rippled effect.
- 7 Spoon the meringue mixture onto the prepared baking sheet to make one circle per serving being made, about 11cm each in diameter.
- 8 Bake for 5 minutes, then turn down the oven to 120°C/250°F/gas ½ (100°C for fan ovens).
- 9 Bake for a further 35 minutes then turn off the oven. Do not open the oven door.
- 10 Leave the meringues in the oven for 3 hours until completely cold.
- 11 Carefully peel the meringues off the baking parchment and place on serving plates.
- 12 Add a spoonful of clotted cream to each and divide the strawberries over the top.
- 13 Spoon over the remaining purée and serve immediately.
- Average per serving
- Calories 380.0kCal