Mince the garlic cloves. Grate the fresh Parmesan. Chop the mint leaves.
- 1 To make the pesto, place spinach, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor.
- 2 Blitz to a course puree.
- 3 Transfer to a bowl, and add the olive oil and parmesan. Mix well.
- 4 Squeeze in lemon juice, to taste.
- 5 Season with salt and pepper - it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- 6 Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- 7 Add the peas, and cook for 2-3 mins.
- 8 Drain, and refresh under cold water.
- 9 Set aside to cool completely.
- 10 In a large bowl, combine the courgette, peas, mint and 5 tablespoons of pesto.
- 11 Stir through the rocket last.
- 12 Squeeze some lemon over the salad, and serve.
This dish is absolutely amazing, so easy and quick to make and tastes great.
Zingy and light. This was a perfect meal in the sun.
Yum yum yum. Super easy, healthy and most importantly tasty.
Nice and easy.
I prefer my pesto without garlic, but otherwise a great way to use greens that aren't the crispest anymore. Feel free to add more mint, too!