Zest and juice the small oranges. Halve the ripe figs.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200'C / Fan 180'C / Gas 6.
- 2 Arrange the figs to snugly fit into a shallow ovenproof dish or small cake tin, tucking the star anise in amongst them.
- 3 Dot over the butter and drizzle on the honey.
- 4 Sprinkle on the cinnamon and sugar, pour on the orange juice.
- 5 Roast for 15-20 minutes or until softened, tinged brown and slightly sticky.
- 6 Meanwhile beat the mascarpone with enough zest to flavour and some honey to sweeten as desired. Chill until required.
- 7 Remove the figs from the oven and leave to stand for 10 minutes before serving with the mascarpone.
Very easy and tastes delicious
Great recipe really easy to make and tastes gorgeous! Brilliant, would definitely recommend!😍
Have used this recipe every autumn for the last few years, when the figs are at their best and most plentiful in the shops. Lovely easy dessert that everyone loves. Have some baking in the oven as I type xxx
- Average per serving
- Calories 378.0kCal