Cut the M&S pork sausages in half. Remove stalks and finely chop the leaves of the rosemary. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Slice the onions. Dissolve in 200ml boiling water the vegetable stock cube. Peel and quarter the Maris Piper potatoes.
- 1 Heat a splash of oil in a casserole dish over a high heat, then brown the sausages, turning, until golden all over. Set aside on a plate.
- 2 Lower the heat to medium and add another splash of olive oil to the pan. Add the fennel seeds and rosemary and let them sizzle for a couple of minutes.
- 3 Add the garlic and onion, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5-8 minutes, until softened and caramelised.
- 4 Add the beans with their water, chopped tomatoes and veg stock. Bring to the boil, then cover loosely with a lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in salted water for around 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and allow to steam-dry in the colander before returning to the pan.
- 6 Season and add a knob of butter or a splash of milk, if you like, and mash until smooth. Taste again and season to perfection.
- 7 Add the kale to the stew for the final five minutes of cooking. Serve the stew on top of the mash.
Really tasty meal, so easy to prepare and cook
Delicious and really easy to prepare. I’ll definitely make this again