Finely chop the fresh parsley. Crush the garlic cloves. Quarter the chestnut mushrooms.
- 1 To make the Melba toasts, heat the grill to medium and toast the bread on both sides until pale golden.
- 2 Place the toast on a board and cut off the crusts.
- 3 Hold one slice firmly in place on the board with your hand, and carefully run a knife through the middle so you end up with two thin slices (one side will be untoasted).
- 4 Gently rub the untoasted side on your board to remove some of the middle, then cut each slice in half diagonally to make triangles.
- 5 Repeat with the other 3 slices.
- 6 Grill the untoasted sides until golden – they will toast quickly and the edges will curl.
- 7 Set aside to cool.
- 8 Heat half the butter in a frying pan, and sauté the chopped mushrooms and garlic with some salt and black pepper for 5-8 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- 9 Add the parsley and remaining butter, then divide among 4 small pots or ramekins.
- 10 To poach the eggs, bring a small pan of water to a simmer, then add the vinegar –you should see small bubbles around the edges.
- 11 Break an egg into a ramekin or small cup, swirl the water a few times, then pour the egg into the vortex in the middle.
- 12 Allow the egg to set around the yolk.
- 13 The egg should float to the top when the white is set.
- 14 Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water.
- 15 Repeat with the other eggs.
- 16 Top each mushroom pot with a poached egg and a drizzle of truffle oil.
- 17 Serve with the Melba toast on the side.
- Average per serving
- Calories 237.0kCal