Halve and stone the plums. Deseed and finely chop the red chillis. Rinse and pat the pork chops dry with kitchen towel. Peel and grate the fresh root ginger.
- 1 heat the oven to 200°c/400°f/gas 6 (180°c for fan ovens).
- 2 Sit the chops in a shallow roasting tin, surrounded with the plum halves, cut-side up.
- 3 Whisk together the chilli, soy sauce, sugar, sherry and ginger in a small jug and pour over the pork chops and plums.
- 4 Bake for 15 minutes, spooning the sauce over the chops and plums once or twice. Remove the chops and leave to rest.
- 5 Place the tin on the hob over a medium-high heat and baste the plums until they are glazed. At the same time, cook the rice following the pack instructions.
- 6 Serve the chops and plums with steamed rice.
- Average per serving
- Calories 515.0kCal