Cut the butter into pieces. Break the milk chocolate into pieces. Halve, pit and peel the Peruvian Hass avocados.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Grease and line a rectangular baking tin measuring approximately 25cm x 20cm.
- 3 Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large heatproof bowl positioned over a saucepan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- 4 Meanwhile, mash the Peruvian Hass avocado to a smooth puree using a fork.
- 5 Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until light and airy, then add the Peruvian Hass avocado puree and whisk again until smooth.
- 6 Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture to and stir until combined.
- 7 Add the flour and salt to the melted chocolate mixture, stirring gently until combined.
- 8 Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- 9 Cool, then cut into the appropriate amount of pieces for you to share.
#cool brownies I think brownies are the best thing EVER
This recipe doesn't tell you went to add the sugar egg and has combo to the chocolate and flour.
Fabulous brownies so moist and tasty !
Nice moist brownies, but I ended up cooking them for 10 minutes more than stated. Next time I might try half dark chocolate.
Amazing recipe but did have to cook for 10 minutes more.
I used dark chocolate as I was worried they'd be too sweet otherwise. While the brownies were definitely light and moist, I feel that something is missing flavour-wise. If I made them again, I'd probably add something - I'm just not sure what yet.
Jessica Lucy Tresadern
What a lovely recipe! I had been wanting to try baking with avocados for a while so I gave this a go. Really simple to make and they taste gorgeous. The texture is moist and almost bouncy, really unique. The only issue is that I did have to cook the brownie for about 10 minutes longer than the recipe stated. Apart from that, I have found a new firm favourite!
Great recipe. The brownies were moist and had a good consistency. 10/10
I love brownies
Made these this evening. We're lovely altho do feel the middle were a little gooey. Hoping once left they will solidify but tasty all the same!
Really easy to make and delicious to eat! Cooking time at 180 degrees C was all my brownies needed in a fan assisted oven.
Really light and moist. These were amazing!
Lovely flavour but felt they were too moist, will try again and cook longer like over reviewers have done.
Delicious! Very easy to make. I have tried twice to make with milk chocolate and the melted mixture has split both times! I use dark chocolate instead, no splitting, and the brownies are fantastic and a family favourite!
- Average per serving
- Calories 318.0kCal