Very finely chop the onions. Finely chop the red chillis. Chop the parsley. Half or quarter if large the new potatoes.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200C.
- 2 Put a roasting tray with 2 tbsps olive oil into the oven, and heat up for 5 mins.
- 3 Remove the tray, add the potatoes and carefully toss in the hot oil until evenly coated (use a large spoon for this).
- 4 Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through and golden crisp, tossing occasionally.
- 5 Meanwhile, make the meatball sauce.
- 6 Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 7 Add the chopped onion and chilli, and cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- 8 Add the tomatoes, water, sugar, salt and 1 tsp of the smoked paprika, and combine.
- 9 Bring the mix to the boil, and then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 mins (or until it has thickened).
- 10 While that is cooking, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in another frying pan.
- 11 Add the meatballs, and cook until browned all over.
- 12 Add the meatballs to the sauce mix, and cook altogether for a further 5 mins.
- 13 Remove from heat and keep warm (or turn heat right down to low) until ready to serve.
- 14 Take the potatoes out of the oven and sprinkle with salt to season.
- 15 Add 1 tsp smoked paprika, and gently toss to coat evenly.
- 16 Spread the meatball sauce onto a serving plate, then scatter the potatoes over the top.
- 17 Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- 18 Finally, add some dollops of garlic mayo or aioli. Serve immediately.
Lovely dish, made it twice now and really enjoyed it. Reminds us of a similar dish we enjoyed in South America! Followed the recipe to a T and comes out perfect. Second time we used normal potatoes rather than new potatoes and while it tasted great still it's definitely better using the correct type
Full of flavour
I loved the sound of these was looking forward to making them but iv been to three different stores and they don’t even stock the meatballs so slightly disappointed to be honest
- Average per serving
- Calories 939.0kCal