Soften the butter. Chop the small onions. Crush the garlic cloves. Chop the fresh parsley. Chop the walnut pieces. Core and halve the Cox apples.
- 1 Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Rub the partridges with the butter, and season.
- 3 Cut the bacon rashers in half, lay two halves over each partridge breast and put in a roasting tin.
- 4 Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- 5 Transfer to a bowl and stir in the cinnamon, parsley, walnuts and honey; season.
- 6 Add the apples to the tin with the partridges and fill the centres with the walnut mixture. Roast for 30-40 minutes, or until the partridges are cooked through.
- 7 Transfer the partridges and apples to serving plates. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
- 8 Put the roasting tin on the hob, add the wine and bubble for 1 minute.
- 9 Spoon around the partridges to serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 740.0kCal