Crumble the feta cheese. Defrost the all-butter shortcrust pastry. Tear the fresh basil leaves. Halve the tomatoes. Thinly slice the garlic cloves.
- 1 Heat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas 2 (130°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up, in a single layer in a roasting tin. Scatter over the garlic, then sprinkle over the sugar, balsamic vinegar and oil.
- 3 Put half the basil on top and roast for 1 hour.
- 4 Transfer to a sheet of baking paper and cover with foil until needed.
- 5 Increase the oven temperature to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 6 Roll out the pastry and line one 8cm base-diameter, loose bottomed tartlet tin per serving.
- 7 Line with baking paper and fill with baking beans. Bake blind for 10 minutes then remove the paper and beans.
- 8 Whisk together the eggs and cream, stir in the feta and season.
- 9 Spoon into the pastry cases and bake for 15 minutes, until just set.
- 10 Pile the tomatoes on top, then scatter over the capers and remaining basil to serve.
Really easy to realize and sooo tasty !
Quick and tasty!
- Average per serving
- Calories 570.0kCal