Finely chop the garlic cloves. Clean and slice the brown cap mushrooms. Clean and slice the Portobello mushrooms. Chop the fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan until foaming. Add the mushrooms and cook over a fairly high heat for 3-4 minutes, until golden and just tender (you may need to do this in batches).
- 2 Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- 3 Pour in the balsamic vinegar, stirring quickly to coat the mushrooms. Allow to bubble for a few seconds, then remove from the heat.
- 4 Season, and stir in half the chopped parsley.
- 5 Meanwhile, toast the brioche slices on both sides until golden, then cut each slice in half and divide equally among serving plates.
- 6 Spoon the mushroom mixture over the brioche and sprinkle with the remaining parsley to serve.
My partner loved it, I thought it was ok. I wouldn’t try it unless you are a huge fan of mushrooms and balsamic vinegar.
- Average per serving
- Calories 170.0kCal