Zest the lemons. Finely chop the shallots. Finely chop the mushroom. Chop the parsley. Peel, deseed and finely chop the tomatoes. Finely chop the spring onions. Finely dice the cucumber.
For the Trout
For the Salsa
And the rest...
- 1 Rinse the trout and pat dry. Slash skin on both sides, brush with the vegetable oil and season.
- 2 To make the stuffing, melt the butter in a small saucepan and gently soften the shallots.
- 3 Add the mushrooms, cook for a further 2 minutes then add the spinach to wilt.
- 4 Remove from heat, add the parsley, lemon rind and nutmeg. Leave to cool.
- 5 Fill the trout with the stuffing and grill under a medium heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until the skin is brown and crispy. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 6 To make the salsa, mix together the tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and olive oil and season.
- 7 Serve the trout with the salsa spooned over the top.
- Average per serving
- Calories 449.0kCal