Soften the unsalted butter. Zest the oranges. To stir each cup use the cinnamon sticks.
- 1 Beat the butter together with the muscovado sugar, ground cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg, ground ginger, a pinch of cloves and orange zest.
- 2 Place 2 tbsp of the mixture into the bottom of a cup or heatproof glass with the dark rum.
- 3 Top up with boiling water.
- 4 Stir with a cinnamon stick.
- 5 Any unused butter will keep well, wrapped in the fridge, for a week or so and is also delicious on hot toast or teacakes.
Why is there a vanilla pod in the picture & not in recipe? Also it says zest the oranges but recipe says one orange?
- Average per serving
- Calories 273.0kCal