Bash the neeps.
- 1 Heat the oven to 175c
- 2 Take 4 large stainless steel rings around 110 cm diameter and 6cm deep, place on a lightly oiled oven tray, brush the inside of the rings with a little oil
- 3 Fill the bottom of the rings with 175 grams of haggis, press down firmly
- 4 Spoon in 130grams of bashed neeps
- 5 Add 130grams of mashed potato piped onto the neeps to form a nice pattern, brush with egg yolk
- 6 Bake the stacks for about 25/30 minutes until piping hot
- 7 Cut the asparagus to about 8cm long blanch in boiling salted water until just cooked, drain and put into iced water to cool
- 8 Cut each slice of streaky bacon in half
- 9 Wrap the rasher around 3 asparagus tips to form a tight roll
- 10 Bake the asparagus parcels for 15 minutes until golden brown
- 11 Why not serve with a lovely a Whisky sauce..
I'm Scottish so love haggis, would recommend to any family!!
I had a go at making this dish and it went down a treat with everyone! Most of the family where looking for more of the asparagus and bacon ...definitely make it again