Grate the Simply M&S mature Cheddar.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Melt 30g butter in a pan and stir in 30g flour.
- 3 Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add the milk and cook, stirring, until you have a smooth sauce.
- 4 Season to taste.
- 5 Stir the frozen fish pie mix into the sauce and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- 6 Remove from the heat and stir in the peas, 50g Cheddar and the parsley.
- 7 Spoon into a large 1.2-litre ovenproof dish, or divide among 4 x 300ml dishes.
- 8 Sift the remaining flour into a bowl.
- 9 Cut the remaining butter into cubes and rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- 10 Stir in the remaining cheese and oats, and sprinkle evenly over the fish mixture.
- 11 Put the pie or pies on to a baking tray and cook for 35 minutes (25 minutes for individual pies), until the crumble topping is golden.
Very Easy And Yummy!!!
Very easy to make but would probably use a mash topping instead of the crumb. Found it a bit doughy when eating. Even so a great midweek meal!
Cooked for an extra 5 minutes to get a crispy top, loved it.
I cooked this for me and my mum, absolutely gorgeous.. A tad watery however I would not add as much milk as it says. Lovely dish though and will definitely cook it again! 🙌🏻
Easy to do, a good hearty family meal with plenty to go round, I did add extra cheese 100g more. I would recommend this recipe
It was ok. Not great if you like a saucy fish pie but great for those that like it with less. Not sure if the crumble works well. Potato is definitely better. Definately add more cheese than what the recipe states for flavour. And season well otherwise quite a bland dish.
- Average per serving
- Calories 738.0kCal