And the rest...
- 1 Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- 2 In a small saucepan, boil the honey, juice of 1 orange and rosemary over a high heat until it forms a thick syrup. Pour the syrup into a lined 20cm cake tin, reserving 2 tablespoons for the glaze. Arrange the figs on top of the syrup, cut-side down.
- 3 Beat together the zest of 2 oranges, egg yolks and half the sugar into a paste. Stir in the marmalade, ground almonds and baking powder.
- 4 Whisk the egg whites with the remaining sugar until stiff peaks form. Bit by bit, fold and mix the egg whites into the yolk and almond mixture. Give it a good stir to ensure everything is fully incorporated. Spoon the mixture over the figs in the tin and spread out evenly.
- 5 Bake for 45 minutes, until a skewer comes out with just a few crumbs, but no liquid. Allow to cool then turn out onto a serving plate. Finish with 2 tbsp of the glaze and a scattering of toasted flaked almonds.