Wash and top and tail the courgettes. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese. Finely chop the Handful rocket leaves.
- 1 Place the contents of the tea bags in a teapot, cover with 300ml of freshly boiled water, stir, cover and leave to steep for 7 minutes.
- 2 Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the tea into a medium/large frying pan/skillet (large enough to fit the salmon fillets in one layer) and stir in the butter and maple syrup.
- 3 Bring the pan to a medium simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid has reduced by roughly half. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 4 Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to make the courgetti. Or use a regular vegetable peeler to slice the courgettes lengthways into very wide pappardelle-style ribbons. You might want to cut the long strands in half to make them easier to eat.
- 5 To make the dressing whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together in a large bowl until emulsified (or shake in a jam jar). Stir in the chopped rocket and grated parmesan and season with black pepper. Taste and add more lemon if needed.
- 6 Add the courgetti to the bowl, toss through the dressing and set to one side.
- 7 Season the salmon fillets with sea salt and then place into the pan of tea glaze. Gently cook the fillets in the tea glaze on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 8 Turn and cook for another 4 minutes on the other side until just pink inside (or when no resistance when pierced with a skewer).
- 9 Plate the courgetti onto 4 plates and top each with a piece of salmon. Finish with a drizzle of leftover tea glaze from the pan.
I bought a Sprizaliser from Amazon to try out this recipe. The courgette spaghetti is amazing, you can cook it in a frying pan too if you want a softer and more spaghetti like texture. For a healthier meal you can replace spaghetti in any dish with courgette spaghetti. The dish was tasty, maple syrup and earl grey work well with the salmon.
It doesn't say to cook the courgette which most other recipes do!
Recipe needs to be a tad clearer around the courgette. I had it raw and was fab. Tasty recipe, used honey instead of maple syrup.
The courgette was amazing! I flash fried it on a high heat & then stirred through the dressing (without rocket & used mature cheese). I cooked Rosemary & garlic roast potatoes & baked tomatoes, which was a must to bulk out the meal. The earl Gray sauce didn't work for me. I must have overlooked it, It burnt when cooking the salmon & burned the salmon! Still tasty once I got past the burnt :)
Made this for my keto diet partner. Easy to prepare and cook and was told it was very tasty. I often make courgetti and recommend wrapping it up in a tea towel after grating or spiralizing to absorb some of the water. I warmed the wrapped courgetti in the microwave before tossing in the dressing
Loved it! Easy to cook and very tasty.
- Average per serving
- Calories 456.0kCal