Break the 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate into pieces. Halve, pit and peel the Peruvian Hass avocado.
- 1 Put the chocolate into a large mixing bowl.
- 2 Heat the cream in a saucepan until almost boiling, then pour it over the chocolate.
- 3 Leave to stand for 5 minutes without stirring.
- 4 Stir the chocolate and cream mixture until smooth.
- 5 Cool for 5 more minutes.
- 6 Meanwhile, set aside a small amount of avocado for decoration, then puree the rest using a hand-held stick blender, or mash well with a fork until smooth.
- 7 Stir it through the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 8 Wrap and chill the reserved avocado.
- 9 Put the egg whites into a large mixing bowl.
- 10 Make sure it’s super-clean, as traces of grease would prevent the egg whites from whisking (as would egg yolk).
- 11 Whisk to soft peaks using a hand-held electric mixer, then add the caster sugar and whisk for a few more seconds until glossy.
- 12 Fold about a quarter of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a large metal spoon to loosen it, then fold in the remainder.
- 13 Share between 6 serving glasses and chill until ready to serve.
- 14 Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before eating, so that it’s not too cold.
- 15 Decorate with thin slices of the reserved avocado, chopped pistachio nuts and grated chocolate.
Tastes lovely I didn't have a ripe enough avocado so I just used chocolate alone but still lovely!!!
A Stunning combination of flavours - love it!
Delicious and healthy. Would prepare again and easy to make. Did make far more than needed.
This was delicious and easy. Handy because it can be prepared in advance. Pistachios add a nice bit of texture
- Average per serving
- Calories 467.0kCal