Dice the white onions.
And the rest...
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan/ gas mark 5.
- 2 Mix 2 tsp chipotle paste with 1 tsp olive oil. Place the chicken thighs in a tray and rub all over with the mix.
- 3 To make the sauce, heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, then ad the onions, season and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 4 Add 2 tsp chipotle paste to the. onions and cook for 1 minute.
- 5 Add the tomatoes and beans, with the water from the can, to the pan. Add sugar, if using, and season. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, uncovered, until thick.
- 6 When the chicken is cooked, remove the skin and chop it up, to serve in your tacos.
- 7 Shred the chicken using two forks. Remove the bones, then add the chicken and any juices to the sauce with the chopped coriander and mix.
- 8 Heat the tacos according to the packet instructions, then load up with chilli chicken, topping with the crispy chicken. Serve with the salsa, refried beans, lime wedges and tortilla chips.