Trim the extra-fine asparagus.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Arrange the asparagus in a single layer in a roasting tin. Tuck in the garlic cloves and season.
- 3 Tear the black pudding into bite-size chunks and add to the roasting tin with the sage leaves. Drizzle with one-third of the oil and roast for 10-15 minutes, until the asparagus is tender.
- 4 Remove the asparagus, sage and black pudding with a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- 5 Squeeze the garlic out of its skin into the roasting tin. Add the remaining oil and balsamic vinegar, then place the tin over a low heat on the hob. Mix well and simmer for a few seconds; set aside.
- 6 Boil the eggs for 7 minutes.
- 7 Drain and refresh under cold running water, then carefully peel and cut in half.
- 8 Arrange the asparagus, black pudding, eggs and rocket on plates to serve.
- 9 Drizzle over the garlic oil and serve immediately.
- Average per serving
- Calories 455.0kCal