Trim the fine asparagus. Chop the garlic cloves. Remove rind from the Raven’s Oak goat’s cheese. Chop the basil leaves.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Set aside 12 asparagus spears. Cut the rest into 3cm lengths and put in a 900g loaf tin, with the garlic.
- 3 Season, then drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil.
- 4 Roast for 10-15 minutes, until just tender, then tip into a bowl.
- 5 Meanwhile, put the bread mix in a bowl and stir in 350ml lukewarm water.
- 6 Mix to a soft dough, then turn out onto a clean work surface and knead for 10 minutes.
- 7 Leave to rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half.
- 8 Stretch and shape one of the dough halves to fit the tin.
- 9 Scatter over the asparagus mix, pushing it into the dough, and arrange two-thirds of the cheese on top.
- 10 Scatter over the basil.
- 11 Stretch the other dough half and place over the top, pressing down gently.
- 12 Press the reserved asparagus down onto the dough with the remaining cheese.
- 13 Cover with a piece of oiled clingfilm and leave in a warm place for 35-45 minutes, until doubled in size.
- 14 Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- 15 Brush the loaf with the remaining oil and bake for 25 minutes, until golden.
- 16 Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack. Serve in slices.
Show stopper, tasty,
Couldn’t find the bread mix so got an alternative at Asda. Dough was very hard to work with. Stayed very wet! So couldn’t knead it. Amazingly it worked and the result was delicious and looked impressive. Served with homemade tomato soup!
- Average per serving
- Calories 231.0kCal