Melt and cool the butter. Peel, core and slice the eating apples.
- 1 Sieve the flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl and make a hollow in the centre.
- 2 Lightly beat together the eggs and milk, then add the cooled butter. Gradually pour into the flour and beat until you have a smooth batter.
- 3 Set aside for 30 minutes then beat again.
- 4 Heat a shallow, non-stick frying pan then grease it with kitchen towel dipped in butter.
- 5 Pour in enough batter to coat the base of the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds until golden, then toss or flip over using a palette knife and cook the other side.
- 6 Serve them as you go, stuffed with the apple filling. Or make a stack – keep warm and serve all at once.
- 7 Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the apple slices. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 8 Add the sugar, cinnamon and water. Continue to cook until the sugar begins to caramelise then remove from the heat. Add a few drops of lemon juice to taste and keep warm.
Epic! However, the serving amounts were too small if you want more than one pancake. My new favorite breakfast!
- Average per serving
- Calories 235.0kCal