Cut into 3 the Maris Piper potatoes. Peel and quarter the onions. Break into cloves the garlic bulbs. Cut the round tomatoes in half.
And the rest...
- 1 Preheat oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 5.
- 2 Place the chicken in a lipped baking tray with the potatoes, onions and garlic cloves, then sprinkle over a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 3 Add 400ml water to the tray and place in the oven for 1 hour. While it's cooking, occasionally baste the chicken with the stock that forms in the tray, and move the vegetables around so they gain an even colour.
- 4 After 1 hour, remove the chicken from the tray and leave to rest. Add the tomatoes to the tray and return it to the oven for 15 minutes, or until the tomatoes are blistered and the stock is reduced to a syrupy sauce.
- 5 Lightly crush a few garlic cloves to add flavour. Add the peas to the tray for the final 2 minutes to cook through. To serve, carve the chicken and add it back to the tray.