For dusting, use some extra of the plain flour.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas Mark 5. Grease a baking sheet and dust with a little flour. Whisk the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 2 Make a well in the middle and stir in a dash of olive oil, the yogurt and beer and work in with a knife, bringing together into a rough ball. The dough should feel soft but not sticky.
- 3 Knead briefly on a floured surface – just enough to bring together into a round. Transfer to the baking sheet, sprinkle generously with flour and cut a deep cross in the middle of the loaf.
- 4 Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 200C/180 Fan and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until it sounds hollow when tapped.
- 5 Eat warm with butter, cheddar and chutney.
- Average per serving
- Calories 315.0kCal