Slice the onions.
- 1 Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2 Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, add the meatballs and fry briefly on all sides until lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes).
- 3 Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate, and set aside.
- 4 Melt the butter in the same saucepan over medium heat.
- 5 Add the onions and fry, stirring, until they begin to soften and caramelise.
- 6 Turn the heat down to low, and leave to cook slowly for an hour, stirring occasionally, until you are left with a soft, caramelised, sticky mixture.
- 7 (Add a splash of water to the pan during cooking, if it starts to stick.)
- 8 Divide the onion mix evenly between the Yorkshire puddings, and top each with a meatball.
- 9 Place on a baking tray, and transfer to the oven.
- 10 Cook for 5-7 mins, or until the puddings are crisp and the meat cooked through.
- 11 Remove from the oven and serve immediately, with Dijon mustard to top.
Tried this from your Instagram. Great dish.
Dude this is awesome. Love your IG Shokofeh.
Saw this recipe on IG - we tried today. Gorgeous!