Slice the onions.
- 1 Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2 Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, add the meatballs and fry briefly on all sides until lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes).
- 3 Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate, and set aside.
- 4 Melt the butter in the same saucepan over medium heat.
- 5 Add the onions and fry, stirring, until they begin to soften and caramelise.
- 6 Turn the heat down to low, and leave to cook slowly for an hour, stirring occasionally, until you are left with a soft, caramelised, sticky mixture.
- 7 (Add a splash of water to the pan during cooking, if it starts to stick.)
- 8 Divide the onion mix evenly between the Yorkshire puddings, and top each with a meatball.
- 9 Place on a baking tray, and transfer to the oven.
- 10 Cook for 5-7 mins, or until the puddings are crisp and the meat cooked through.
- 11 Remove from the oven and serve immediately, with Dijon mustard to top.
Saw this recipe on IG - we tried today. Gorgeous!
Dude this is awesome. Love your IG Shokofeh.
Tried this from your Instagram. Great dish.
- Average per serving
- Calories 481.0kCal