Chop the fresh mint. Chop the fresh dill. Grate the Wensleydale cheese.
- 1 Beat the eggs in a bowl and season.
- 2 Stir in half the mint and dill.
- 3 Heat the butter in a medium non-stick frying pan until foaming.
- 4 Pour in the eggs and cook over a medium heat for 3-5 minutes, occasionally moving them around in the pan with a spatula.
- 5 Meanwhile, cook the peas in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until tender, then drain well.
- 6 When the omelette is almost cooked through, scatter over half the peas and cheese.
- 7 Then, using a spatula, fold the omelette into thirds and carefully slide it on to a plate.
- 8 Spoon over the remaining peas, cheese and herbs. Serve with rocket leaves, if you like.
I've never made a better omelette than this one.
- Average per serving
- Calories 711.0kCal