Roughly chop the fresh tarragon. Crush the garlic cloves. Roughly crush the fennel seed. Slice the medium leeks. Roughly chop the kale. Finely slice the radishes.
- 1 Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, fennel seeds and leeks and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the leeks are just tender.
- 2 Add the kale with a splash of water and cook for 2-3 minutes, until just wilted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3 Cook the barley and lentils (or similar grain mix) according to packet instructions. Fold it into the leek mixture, along with the radishes. Season to taste.
- 4 Whisk the remaining oil with the mustard, balsamic and some seasoning. Stir into the leek mixture along with the tarragon, then set aside.
- 5 Season the salmon fillets and place skin-side down on an oiled grill pan. Grill under a high heat for 3-4 minutes, until the flesh is opaque and cooked through.
- 6 Divide the salad among 4 serving plates and top with the salmon. Serve with lemon wedges.
Delicious! Also works well with salmon and dill if you can't find trout and tarragon.
Delicious flavours and textures, easy to make
Tried this instore at handforth dean after a demo and bought the ingredients. Made it for dinner this evening, but not sure if the tablespoon of Dijon mustard was correct? It was very overpowering, a teaspoon would have been enough I think? Very tasty prior to pouring dressing on!
- Average per serving
- Calories 513.0kCal