Halve the lemon. Very finely slice the small red onions. Halve the small Chopin potatoes. Toast the pine nut.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Push half of the lemon into the cavity of the chicken, with the garlic and thyme sprigs.
- 3 Put the chicken in a roasting tin and drizzle over 1 tbsp of the oil per whole chicken being used, then season. Roast for 1 hour 30 minutes. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 4 Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a large pan of salted water for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- 5 In a large bowl, whisk together the remaining oil, mustard and juice from the other lemon half.
- 6 Season, then add the onion slices.
- 7 Drain the potatoes and tip them into the bowl, mixing gently in the dressing to coat. Cover the bowl and set aside.
- 8 When the chicken is cooked, set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 9 Pull the meat away from the carcass and tear into rough pieces.
- 10 Scatter the rocket leaves over a serving platter and top with the potato salad.
- 11 Arrange the chicken pieces on top, then scatter over the toasted pine nuts and fresh parsley.
- 12 Spoon over some of the cooking juices from the roasting tin and serve straightaway, while still warm.
This was delicious and perfect light summer salad. I have just worked out the calories though and it is about right! You could cut down on the pine nuts and olive oil if you want to drastically reduce the calorie count. Yummy.
I can't think that this recipe works out at 715 calories per serving!
- Average per serving
- Calories 715.0kCal