Peel and cut the cooked beetroot into wedges. Core and cut into wedges the Forelle pears. Crush the cumin seeds.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Put the beetroot and pears in a roasting tin, and coat with the cumin seeds, honey, vinegar and 2 tbsp oil.
- 3 Tuck in the thyme and season.
- 4 Roast for 30 minutes, until tender.
- 5 Meanwhile, season the venison steaks and fry in the remaining oil for 3-4 minutes each side, depending on their thickness.
- 6 Leave to rest for 5 minutes on a board.
- 7 Serve drizzled with the pan juices, with the beetroot and pears, and steamed green beans.