Juice the limes. Dice (into 2cm squares) the butternut squash. Dice (into 2cm squares) the sweet potatoes. Dice the tomatoes. Remove the seeds of the jalapeño chillies. Roughly dice the ripe avocados. Finely chop the red onions. Chop the coriander.
For the Cashew cream
- 1 To make the cashew cream, pre-soak the cashews for at least four hours. Once soaked, drain and place in a food processor with a few drops of lime juice, water, salt and pepper, then blend until smooth and creamy. Add the Gran Luchito to give it that extra kick.
And the rest...
- 2 Place a chargrill pan onto a high heat and allow to get very hot. Drizzle the corn cobs with a little olive oil then place on the hot chargrill pan, turning often to develop a smoky, charred finish.
- 3 In a saucepan heat a little olive oil then add in the spices, lightly toasting before adding the squash and sweet potato. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally so that the vegetables start to caramelise and cook.
- 4 After 5 minutes add in the tomatoes and tamari and increase the heat. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the tomato is reduced to a rich sauce.
- 5 Remove the corn from the grill and slice away the kernels. Add these to the pan along with the sliced jalapeños. Set aside to cool slightly while you make the guacamole.
- 6 Mix the avocado, onion, lime juice, coriander and oil together and lightly mash with a fork, being careful to keep a chunky texture.
- 7 Spoon the vegetable filling into a lettuce leaf and finish off by arranging the filled leaves on a plate. Serve with the guacamole and cashew cream.
Lovely. I used baby jem lettuce, I think they are using BJ in the recipe photo also the shape is perfect for a topping.
Yummy! Made mine extra spicy and it went down a treat with veggies and non veggies. Surprisingly filling.
I loved these! It's great to see some healthy low carb recipes.
Divine. Only adjustment I had to make was to add a lot more lime juice to the cashew cream as well as water to make it more like a sour cream as well as a bit of smoked paprika for a kick. Also made a salsa on the side from tomato, coriander, lime, chilli and red onion. Also used cos lettuce instead of iceberg as that's what it appears to be in the photo - not sure why it's listed as iceberg.
- Average per serving
- Calories 366.0kCal