For dusting, use some extra of the icing sugar.
- 1 Heat the oven to 120°C/ 100°C fan/gas ½.
- 2 In a food processor, blitz 150g of the blackberries with the icing sugar.
- 3 Sieve and set aside.
- 4 Whisk the chickpea liquid, xanthan gum and cream of tartar for 2 mins, until fluffy.
- 5 Whisk in the caster sugar, 1-2 tbsp at a time.
- 6 Fold in 2 tbsp of the blackberry coulis.
- 7 Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- 8 Spread half the mix in a circle on one. Pipe mini meringues on the other.
- 9 Bake the large meringue for 3 hours and the small ones for 1½ hours.
- 10 Turn off heat, and leave to cool in the oven completely.
- 11 Spread the cream over the meringue base.
- 12 Top with blackberries, mini meringues, icing sugar, coulis and basil.
Thanks M&S for this vegan pavlova really nice and adding the basil make it taste a little different. My daughter who doesn’t like meringue enjoyed this vegan option
Amazing! Healthier and tastier than the real thing.
- Average per serving
- Calories 284.0kCal