Split the vanilla pods.
- 1 Soak the gelatine in cold water and leave to soften for 5 minutes.
- 2 Meanwhile, put the milk, cream and sugar in a small saucepan and gently heat until the sugar dissolves – make sure it doesn’t boil.
- 3 Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod into the pan and remove from the heat. (Keep the vanilla pod for decoration.)
- 4 Squeeze the excess liquid from the gelatine and stir into the milk mixture until dissolved. Strain through a sieve and leave to cool.
- 5 Divide between serving glasses, then chill for 240 minutes (4 hours) or overnight to set.
- 6 Serve decorated with strips of the vanilla pod dipped in sugar.
- Average per serving
- Calories 235.0kCal