Finely slice the onions. Crush the garlic cloves. Thinly slice the fennel bulbs. Thinly slice the carrots. Lightly crush the fennel seeds. Roughly chop the kale. Zest the lemons.
- 1 Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- 2 Add the onions, season and gently sweat for 10 mins.
- 3 Add the garlic, fennel, carrots and fennel seeds and cook for another 10 mins.
- 4 Pour in the vegetable stock or water.
- 5 Bring to the boil then simmer gently for 25 mins.
- 6 Stir in the cooked lentils for the last 5 minutes of cooking, until heated through.
- 7 Season to taste.
- 8 Stir in the kale and cook for 2 – 3 mins, until wilted.
- 9 Pour into bowls and sprinkle with the lemon zest.
Fantastic Soup, Cheap Very Tasty And Nutritious
Very healthy took half an hour! Love it
- Average per serving
- Calories 224.0kCal