Dice the onions. Drain and rinse the tinned kidney beans. Drain and rinse the borlotti beans.
- 1 In a heavy based pan, fry the onion until soft and translucent, once ready, remove and set aside
- 2 In the same pan, fry the turkey mince, the longer you fry this, the more flavour it will achieve and it will turn golden and crispy
- 3 Drain off any excess fat in a sieve and add this back to the pan. Add the onions the paprika and the chilli powder and fry these for 30 seconds
- 4 Now add the tomato puree and stir this through, followed by the chopped tomatoes
- 5 Bring this up to a simmer and then add the drained beans, simmer this for 5 minutes, season and serve with brown rice
Really quick and easy, very nutritious and tasty! I'll be making this again :)
This was very simple to make but having followed the recipe and tasted it I found it quite bland and lacking substance. I added a tsp each of cumin, coriander and cinnamon as well as about 100ml of sweet chilli sauce. Served it with grated mature cheddar cheese and rice. Delicious.
Sorry, added the last review too quickly. It was super bland until I added Encona Jerk BBQ sauce (of all things) and some Worcestershire. Then it was pretty tasty...
Love this very tasty..
Dfens is right it is a little bland, I might try their tip next time.
Decent, healthy take on chilli. I found that it was a little bland and so I added a chicken stock pot which brought it to life a bit. I love that it's made with turkey mince which a lot leaner than beef mince and you get the natural protein from the beans. This will be low in saturated fat per portion and with brown rice (keeping refined carbs down), this a real healthy dinner.
So I've skipped canned tomatoes- opted for a bit of smoked tomato sauce (more flavour!) and added twice the recommended chilli and paprika! Amazeballs!! Xx
Forgot to say- to make it liquidy, I just added juice from one can of beans!