Thinly slice the red chillis. Peel the mangoes. Peel and core the pineapples.
For the Syrup
- 1 Gently warm the caster sugar and 100ml water in a small pan until the sugar dissolves.
- 2 Increase the heat, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- 3 Add the chilli, stir, then set aside to cool.
And the rest...
- 4 Halve the mango by cutting from top to bottom, each side of its stone.
- 5 Slice the cored pineapple into thick half-moons.
- 6 Gently toss all the fruit with the brown sugar.
- 7 Cook the fruit on the barbecue – or in a smoking-hot griddle or frying pan – searing it on all sides until caramelised.
- 8 Remove to a plate and slice the mango halves into thick half-moons, then cut a third of the fruit into smaller pieces.
- 9 Briefly toast the cut sides of the buns on the barbecue or griddle pan until just browned.
- 10 Top the lower bun halves with a little chopped fruit, small scoops of ice cream and a spoonful of chilli syrup.
- 11 Top with the other bun halves, and serve with the remaining fruit and syrup.
- Average per serving
- Calories 225.0kCal