Thinly slice the vine tomatoes.
- 1 Take two slices of white bread and butter one side of each. Top the buttered sides with roast beef slices and a single layer of tomato slices. Top each with a slice of wholemeal bread and spread butter over the upward-facing side. Top this with ham
- 2 Spread two white bread slices with chutney on one side and sit on top of the ham layers, chutney-sides down. Spread the tops of these white bread slices lightly with butter. Cover this with cucumber slices and one and a half cheese slices per sandwich.
- 3 Lightly butter the last two slices of wholemeal bread and press on top, buttered sides down.
- 4 Using a sharp, serrated knife, carefully cut the crusts from both sandwich stacks, then cut each one in half and then in half again to make four sandwich stacks (make these triangular, if preferred).
- 5 Skewer each stack with cocktail sticks, first flipping two of the stacks upside down so that the white bread is at the top.
Good snack for the summer! Simple to make