Defrost if frozen the ready-made shortcrust pastry. Zest and juice the lemons.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Roll out three-quarters of the pastry and use to line an 18cm x 3.5cm deep tart tin.
- 3 Line the pastry with baking parchment and fill with baking beans.
- 4 Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and beans.
- 5 Return to the oven for 1 minute, then set aside.
- 6 Put 350g blueberries in a pan with the sugar, thyme, lemon juice and zest.
- 7 Stir over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved, then simmer for 1 minute.
- 8 Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water and stir into the blueberry mixture.
- 9 Simmer for 1 minute, then set aside for 20 minutes.
- 10 Remove the thyme and leave to cool.
- 11 Spoon the blueberry mixture into the pastry case using a slotted spoon, and scatter the remaining blueberries on top.
- 12 Roll out the rest of the pastry and cut it into 8 strips, using a fluted pastry cutter if you have one.
- 13 Arrange the strips into a lattice on top of the tart, sticking the ends to the pastry case with a little milk.
- 14 Brush the pastry lattice with milk and bake for 20 minutes.
- 15 Leave to cool; remove from the tin.
- 16 Dust with icing sugar to serve, if you like.
Mmmmmm!!!!!!!Must be nice and scrumptious
Wonderful, really easy to make and tasty. A great hit with my friends 😋
Great taste, something a bit different and easy to make!!! Tastes nicer if you make your own pastry too