Split the vanilla pods lengthways.
For the Salmon
- 1 Line a medium-sized wok with 4 sheets of foil, letting it hang over the edges.
- 2 Combine the tea, rice, sugar and a splash of water, and spread over the foil to cover the base of the wok.
- 3 Place an oiled wire rack or steamer basket in the wok – it should sit about 5cm above the rice and tea mixture.
- 4 Brush the fish lightly with oil and place on the rack.
- 5 Cover with a lid or foil and sit over a fairly high heat until smoking.
- 6 Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 7 Cook the tagliatelle according to the packet instructions.
For the sauce
- 8 Put the stock and vanilla pod in a small pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 9 Remove from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes, then discard the vanilla pod.
- 10 Whisk in the crème fraîche, season with a little white pepper and set aside.
- 11 Drain the tagliatelle and divide among 4 serving plates.
- 12 Top with the salmon and spoon over the sauce.
- 13 Serve with rocket leaves.
- Average per serving
- Calories 696.0kCal