Peel and finely chop the fresh ginger. Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 2cm pieces. Finely slice the red onions.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the sweet potato in a roasting tin, drizzle with 1/3 of the olive oil, season and roast for 25 minutes. Whilst you're waiting, move on to the next step.
- 3 For the dressing, mix together the ginger, remaining olive oil, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar.
- 4 Mix the cooked sweet potato with the chickpeas, onion and rocket.
- 5 Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 321.0kCal