Cut the carrots into 4cm chunks. Cut the red chillis into wedges. Dice the lamb. Season the plain flour. Peel and thinly slice the swedes. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes.
- 1 Heat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas 3 (150°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole. Toss the lamb in the flour, add to the casserole and fry over a high heat until browned (you may need to do this in batches). Remove the lamb with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3 Add the onions and carrots to the casserole and cook over a medium heat until starting to brown.
- 4 Return the lamb to the casserole and stir in the stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and bay leaf, then season.
- 5 Arrange the swede and potato slices alternately on top of the meat. Drizzle over the remaining oil, season with salt, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- 6 Remove the lid and cook for a further 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
Please note ingredients should read red onions not CHILLIS. Warming with chilli
- Average per serving
- Calories 416.0kCal