Lightly crush the cumin seeds. Crush the garlic cloves. To drizzle over if desired , use some extra of the olive oil.
- 1 Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3.
- 2 On a baking tray, roast the sunflower seeds until golden brown (around 10 mins), adding the cumin seeds for the last 4 mins.
- 3 Set aside 1 tbsp of the seeds for a garnish, then blitz the rest in a food processor or blender, with the chickpeas, reserved water, smoked paprika, garlic and oil, until smooth.
- 4 Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- 5 Put in a bowl, topped with the reserved seeds, a dusting of smoked paprika, and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
- 6 Serve with a selection of vegetables to dip – try Tenderstem® broccoli, cucumber sticks and halved radishes.
- Average per serving
- Calories 147.0kCal