Wash and hull the strawberries. Chill the white chocolate.
- 1 Put the almonds in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 3-4 minutes, then drain and leave to cool.
- 2 Slip the almonds out of their skins and toast until golden. Chop and set aside.
- 3 Reserve just under half of the strawberries.
- 4 Using a fork, mash the rest with half the sugar.
- 5 Line one 900g loaf tin per semifreddo being made with clingfilm and set aside.
- 6 Grate the chocolate and reserve a little in the fridge.
- 7 Whip the cream and remaining sugar to soft peaks.
- 8 Beat the crème fraîche until smooth and fold into the cream mixture with the almonds and chocolate.
- 9 Tip the strawberries into the cream and fold through.
- 10 Spoon half the mixture into the tin and smooth the top.
- 11 Place three-quarters of the remaining strawberries, hulled end down, in a line along the centre.
- 12 Spoon over the remaining mixture and smooth the top. Cover with cling-film and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- 13 Transfer to the fridge one hour before serving.
- 14 Turn out onto a serving plate and remove the cling-film.
- 15 Slice the remaining strawberries and arrange on top. Scatter over the reserved chocolate, slice and serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 450.0kCal