Hull the strawberries. Soften the unsalted butter. Beat the eggs. Soften the unsalted butter. Halve the strawberries.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Line 2 x 6-hole muffin trays with paper cases.
- 2 Using the back of a fork, break up the strawberries to a rough consistency, leaving some small chunks intact.
- 3 Beat the butter and sugar, using an electric mixer, until very light and creamy.
- 4 Scrape down the side of the bowl, then add the beaten eggs, a third at a time, and mix until fully incorporated.
- 5 Add the vanilla extract and combine.
- 6 In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold this into the wet ingredients, a third at a time, then gently fold in the strawberries.
- 7 Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin cases, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 8 Remove from the oven and cool in the trays for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 9 Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth.
- 10 Add half the icing sugar, and beat until smooth and creamy.
- 11 Repeat with the remaining icing sugar, then add the coconut cream and vanilla extract.
- 12 Beat well until light and fluffy.
- 13 To ice the cooled cupcakes, apply the frosting using a piping bag and nozzle, or with a palette knife or spoon.
- 14 Top each cupcake with half a strawberry.
Really Yummy Dish!
Really easy cakes to make. They taste delicious! Would definitely recommend. Just found the icing slightly runny.