Deseed and finely chop the red chillis. Finely grate the fresh ginger. Very finely shred the red cabbages. Scrub and finely shred the carrots. Toast the sesame seed.
- 1 Mix half of the lime zest, chilli, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce with the lime juice and honey. Set aside.
- 2 Finely chop the tuna steaks (or pulse in a food processor, being careful to retain some texture).
- 3 Mix with half the lime zest, chilli, ginger and sesame oil, along with 1 tbsp soy sauce. Form into four burger-shaped patties.
- 4 Rub the tuna burgers lightly with groundnut oil.
- 5 Cook the burgers on the barbecue – or in a smoking-hot griddle or frying pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, until well-browned. It is safe to serve the burgers slightly rare in the middle.
- 6 While still hot, toss with half the sesame seeds.
- 7 Toast the pittas for 30 seconds on each side.
- 8 Toss the shredded carrots and red cabbage with the remaining sesame seeds, coriander and 2 tbsp of the dressing.
- 9 Stuff the tuna burgers into the pittas with the shredded carrot and coriander.
- 10 Serve drizzled with the remaining dressing.
Very easy to make and delicious!!
A hit with grown ups and kids!
Ma lil' nephew loves it. Easy, ready in minutes, great taste