Slice the red onions. Chop the 4 tinned apricot halves and reserve the juice. Chop the coriander leaves.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over the boiling water. Cover for 5 minutes.
- 3 Cook the onion in half the olive oil for 3-4 minutes. Move on to the next steps while you wait.
- 4 Grease a roasting tin with remaining oil and set aside.
- 5 Fluff up the couscous with a fork, season, then stir in the onion, coriander and apricots, plus 1 tsp of the reserved apricot juice per serving being made (eg. for 4 servings, use 4 tsp of apricot juice).
- 6 Cut into each chicken breast lengthways to create a pocket and stuff with the couscous mixture.
- 7 Put in the roasting tin and drizzle with honey.
- 8 Pour 1 tbsp apricot juice around the base of the chicken per serving being made (eg. for 4 servings use 4 tbsp apricot juice) and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 9 Serve, drizzling the sticky juices over the chicken.
These were good,simple to make. Chicken was really moist,thought 20mins was perfect time!
So tasty, would cook this again, I served this with roasted vegetables and the remaining juices from the chicken I poured over the veg 👌👍
Disappointing. I followed the recipe to a T except that I increased the volume of couscous so that we had a little extra to serve with the chicken but the chicken was dry and clearly overcooked. Having used organic free range chicken it's usually moist and tender, so the timing is clearly out. 20 mins at 170 fan is way too much! It only just looked like it was turning golden on the stuffing so no reason to take it out sooner.
So easy and very tasty, made with sweet potato mash and steamed greens
Very tasty and very easy. I had dried apricots and chopped and soaked them for a few minutes before adding. Most items would be in the store cupboard or freezer so it is a good last minute recipe. My chicken breasts were smallish so 20 minutes was too long in the oven; consider 15 if the chicken breasts are not large.
Love it, easy and a real hit with all the family. Tastes lovely and healthy, nice summery meal .
Tried this for the first time today, it's absolutely beautiful will definitely be making it again xx
Absolutely delicious- I ended up cooking the chicken for longer than recommended though! Will definitely be making again 😊
Unreal... Tasted great and easy to make
gorgeous. gone onto the 'supper with friends' list. won't take kindly to being cooked at too high a temperature or much longer than specified as the sticky sauce can burn. basted the chicken a couple of times while cooking. couscous stuffing is good enough to eat on it's own.
Super delishious! Perfectly juicy chicken! Very easy too!
Rather good. Make sure you don't overlook it. I left it in a little over the time recommended
Loved this. So easy and really tasty!
Cooked these the other night. So good had ppl coming back for more!